Global Sunn® Planting Tips
Quick Guide to Global Sunn
APPLICATION & PLANTING GUIDE
NOTE: PDF opens in a separate window.
SEEDING TIPS & RATES
• Drilling: 7.5” (19 cm) row width: 15-20 lbs/ac (17-22 kg/ha)
• Broadcast / Aerial: Not recommended
• Precision Planting: 15” (38 cm) row width, with 4” (10 cm) in-row spacing: 9 lb/ac (10.2 kg/ha)
• Precision Planting: 30” (76 cm) row width with 4” (10 cm) in-row spacing: 5 lb/ac (5.7 kg/ha). Recommend Kinze Brush Meter with Backing Plate, 60-Cell Milo Plate [Red] set to 100,000 seed population.
• Higher seeding rates should be used if the crop is to be incorporated in
less than 60 days (35 to 45 days) or if heavy weed pressure is expected.
Inoculate seed with cowpea-type or peanut inoculant to ensure effective nodulation. Some soils may not contain the correct Rhizobium strains.
Terminate when flowers are 30% present and freezing conditions are not
expected. Once flowering begins stems becomes fibrous and can be difficult to manage.
In warm climates, terminate by mowing when the stem is still succulent and flowering has just begun. Incorporate into the soil or allow to dry as mulch.
When terminating with herbicide application, roll and incorporate
into soil, or allow to dry as mulch.
When killed by frost or freeze, stems become hollow and brittle over winter and will not “wrap” or inhibit seeding equipment in spring.